little things.

Come on in and celebrate the small with me. It's the fragile, little things of life that take our breath away, make us smile, give us a reminder or pause us for prayer. It may be a quote, a thought, a verse, a happening in the day or even some real baking.....you can be sure, whatever it is, it will be in a small bite and you will be able to get on your way. And oh, by the way, share a little thing back because I listen real big.....(at least for the next 5 minutes).

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One little breath

One breath. A little thing packed with lots of power. How do I want to use the next one?  I had to give it some serious thought yesterday as the preschooler in my life multi-tasked around my weakened knees  I figured I had at least three choices:

1. Hold it until I turned blue. Not a good idea. Headaches usually follow, and I would probably feel immature.
2. Let out a good scream. Momentarily effective but after a few of these, the shock value wears off and it won't work anymore.....(been there.)
3. Send a stream of bubbles into the air. Hmm.

Yesterday I chose bubbles. The result?      Breathtaking.

I used my next breath to thank God for the little girl in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment